Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Mentors

From: "Matt Hargett" <matt () use net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:57:24 -0800

At 09:19 PM 3/24/2004 -0800, Matt Hargett wrote:
A little bit of budweiser will help too. Playboy calendar may give you
heat start
,but don't wear a shameless Dawson Creek Tshirt like Dave;-) Good luck
!

If you must drink beer, I would sincerely hope it to be better than the
swill known as Budweiser. Also, since Playboy isn't for all sexual
orientations, I would also recommend Bel Ami pornography if Playboy
doesn't
meet ones' needs :)  mmm... chzechsploitation...

And you must play Techno, loud, in the background, via Shoutcast.  It's
required.  There's a standard, you know.  It matters not that I'm old
enough to have remembered when "I want to hold your hand" was first
released by the Beatles.

I find that to be incredibly distracting when I'm trying to concentrate,
actually. It used to be different when I was amped on caffeine all the time.
Anything with too much of a beat or melody can derail me, so that leaves
Brian Eno, Warren Cuccurullo, and Zappa's orchestral stuff. Even Goldfrapp
and Royksopp is a little too much. Anyone have suggestions for records that
fit into that criteria?

P.s. I do recall a couple of years ago that one of the most terrifying
Capture The Flag teams was a bunch of Europeans of some variety who
kept water glasses full of straight vodka at hand.  Perhaps Bud isn't
appropriate either.

Vodka gets the Matt seal of approval, though I personally would be so wasted
after one glass that I wouldn't be able to see the screen. :)

But what's this about Dave's taste in t-shirts?  I was waiting with
baited breath for him to announce a "The Snake Found It" Immunitysec
t-shirt contest...

I think it's more the taste in Dawson's Creek people find befuddling, given
that the only reason to watch anything on the WB is for the cute guys they
cast in their shows. (I know, I know, there's cute girls too; but they're
not nearly as cute as the guys are.)