Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Mentors

From: Rodney Thayer <rodney () canola-jones com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:29:24 -0800

At 05:47 PM 3/24/2004 -0500, d maynor wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 13:56, ndesai01 () tampabay rr com wrote:

I have been to the local 2600 meetings and they were more than lame. If
anyone has any other suggestions on learning please let me know. Thanks.

Why is everybody's first though in regards to hacking "gee I'll go to a
2600 meeting."

It wasn't my first thougth. I used to assume they'd be full of skateboarding
teenagers who thought they were l33t because they had taught themselves
HTML.  However, I've heard from more than one source that some 2600
meetings, specifically London and Seattle, and once in a while San Francisco,
are actually interesting.

What would you suggest instead?