Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Consulting companies are not recruiting companies

From: Daniele Muscetta <daniele () muscetta com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:30:41 +0100

Dave Aitel wrote:

My solution, for Immunity, is that I want Immunity to bring something
other than a warm body who can do the job. I want Immunity consultants
to have that wider view of the industry - to never need training
because Immunity trains them internally, and to have experience that
may not exactly be relavant today, but will become relavant as our
clients change their business. This means having people billing only
three weeks instead of four, but I think it makes more money in the
long run.

What do you guys think?

I wish more companies would think this way. But - as someone already mentioned - most of them just look at the final result ($$$), and not at the morale, or at the fair way of doing things. For 'fair' in this case I especially mean that respect for the individuals - in the end companies are made of PERSONS, but not just of their warm (or not so warm) bodies ! :-) I highly appreciate your way of thinking.... but you seem to be one of a kind, the rest of the industry being much different, unfortunately. :-(

Regards,

Daniele