Bugtraq mailing list archives

Concerning the LDAP Enabled Netscape FTP Server

From: ah () SECURITYFOCUS COM (Alfred Huger)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:21:36 -0700

Over the last few days a great number of people have mailed us in regards
to the "Netscape Professional Services FTP Server Vulnerability"
(http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/1375) discovered by Michal Zalewski
<lcamtuf () tpi pl> and posted to the Bugtraq mailing list on Wed, 21 Jun
2000.

The following mail which we recieved should shed some light on the
subject. Thanks to both Netscape and Kurt Seifried for digging into this.

Alfred Huger
VP of Engineering
SecurityFocus.com