Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSH's UseLogin option allows remote access with root privilege.

From: markus.friedl () INFORMATIK UNI-ERLANGEN DE (Markus Friedl)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:58:00 +0200

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 02:54:25PM -0700, Phil Stracchino wrote:
*** session.c.orig    Fri May 19 19:49:31 2000
--- session.c Fri Jun  9 23:45:28 2000

this is a bad patch, the check for (options.use_login && command
!= NULL) should be compiled into sshd even if USE_PAM is defined.
a correct patch is attached.

moreover, i got some complaints from people who ship OpenSSH and
did not get notified in advance.  we don't all who ship OpenSSH,
so please tell me at <markus () openssh com> if you want to get notified
in the future.

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>text/plain attachment: 1_