Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: HP/UX 10.01 Remote Administration accoun

From: mark () elvis rowan edu (Mark Sedlock)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 14:37:34 -0400

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Jeff Uphoff wrote:

|Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 11:50:10 -0400
|From: Jeff Uphoff <juphoff () tarsier cv nrao edu>
|
|Crack 4.1, even with some local dictionary and ruleset additions,
|doesn't seem to be able to crack this password, which is at least some
|consolation....

I tried it with a 3 Meg dictionary and some added rules; it
it also failed.  If I had some HP's here I'd do this
myself, but why doesn't someone set up a sniffer on their network
and watch the connection.  Obviously the password *has* to be
in there in plain text...

--mark
Mark Sedlock            Rowan College of New Jersey            mark () rowan edu
Office of Academic Computing                      http://elvis.rowan.edu/mark