Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SunOS syslog() fix, finally...

From: pug () arlut utexas edu (Pug)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 08:18:07 -0600

        102903-01       Solaris 2.3 (requires 101318-75)
        102904-01       Solaris 2.4 (sparc) (requires 101945-34)
        102905-01       Solaris 2.4 (ix86) (requires 101946-29)
there did not seem to be any mentions about the need of recompiling
sendmail, etc in the README file, which was mentioned in the cERT
advisory. since it basically just patched the libc.a, I suppose no
other modification is needed?

Uhh. If it only patched libc.a you *will* need to recompile. On the
otherhand, if it patched libc.so, it will dynamically pick up the new
changes if you have compiled it dynamically.

Ciao,

--
Richard Bainter          Mundanely     |    System Analyst        - OMG/CSD
Pug                      Generally     |    Applied Research Labs - U.Texas