Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SunOS syslog() fix, finally...

From: casper () Holland Sun COM (Casper Dik)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 17:14:05 +0100

Sendmail doesn't need to be recompiled as long as it is dynamically
linked.
If, however, you installed you own version of sendmail and linked it
statically against libc.so, you need to recompile & relink.

yeah, but what about /usr/sbin/ufsrestore ?

it is statically linked, utilizes syslog, and suid root.

This may not necessarily be a problem.

In my first examination I found that the syslog() calls in ufsrestore
cannot be passed random strings, but if you have different information,
please tell.

The patch also doesn't include "/sbin/su", though the README says it is
included.

Casper