Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FIRST and CERT

From: chasin () crimelab crimelab com (Scott Chasin)
Date: Mon, 2 May 94 12:24:47 CDT

Ok, lets end the discussion here:

As I said before, this is getting away from what "bugtraq" is intended
to address.  We should not continue the discussion here.  Besides, I
don't think there is any disagreements over the  basic points:
  * Not all response teams are the same
  * FIRST is not CERT
  * CERT is not "evil incarnate", nor are they useless.  They simply
    aren't as useful as the image some people have (had)
  * The general community is somewhat safer with groups like CERT than without
  * Response teams could do a better job in some ill-defined ways.
  * Our #1 problem is the people who try to break into our systems,
    not the people who are trying to help (misguided or otherwise)

--spaf

(Thanks spaf)

Let's continue onward.  If you feel some issue discussed here needs
further development, please take it offline.

--S