Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: /dev/tcp, and a LD_LIBRARY_PATH question.

From: jim () Tadpole COM (jim () Tadpole COM)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 1994 01:47:01 -0600

Of course only LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to be documented in the man pages.
Maybe someone from Sun can comment on what the rest of these do (please?)

Well, I'm not from Sun, (ok, I guess I am, I used to work there),
but maybe I'll do.

LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS is what makes 'ldd' work.
LD_PROFILE calls 'profil' leaving the results in /tmp/ld.so.profile_buffer
LD_SYMBOLS_PUBLIC leaves the symbols from ld.so around for a debugger
        to get 'hold of
LD_PRELOAD works as described, though the source says its not to be documented.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH you know about

Jim