Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Locate wifi client

From: digitalinfosec () gmail com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 17:37:59 GMT

Hi Robert, are you doing any type of logging on your network or appliance(s)? If you're capturing anything Wireshark or
Capsa for example can give you some idea and you can filter the traffic. If your company has an asset register where
the IP and MAC addresses are listed it might be you could then tie this into a specific user.

Alternatively an application like this one might help. http://www.whoisonmywifi.com/

If you need anymore help let me know.

Bill

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1