Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Locate wifi client

From: "Rajiv D" <rajiv.ceh () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 17:04:04 +0000

Hi,

There are softwares which would need the snmp strings of the switches to have a profile of your network devices and
have a list of clients attached to them. And by having a search filter focus on a mac it could tell you the exact port
number of a switch to which the client is connected.

For wifi clients you have to rely on the AP's gui to capture the client and filter its mac address.

-- Rajiv