Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: msf > use auxiliary/scanner/vnc/vnc_login

From: ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo () zoho com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 15:46:16 -0700

On 11/01/2013 03:24 PM, Eric Schultz wrote:
Going after VNC is a good choice. What version is it running?

UltraVNC_1_1_9_3_X86_Setup.exe

Are there vulnerabilities for it?

Not that I know of.  I am going after it anyway.

Your expert opinion please: The target machine (XP)
is on a firewall leg all by itself.  The only way
outsiders can communicate with it is though Open
VPN.   And, that includes VNC.

The only two ports open are VNC and Open VPN (port is
masked).  This is verified with nmap.

The only port the outside world can see is Open VPN's
masked port.  (No way I am using the actual port.)

This all being the case, am I wasting my time going
after VNC?

Thank you for the help!
-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1