Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: msf > use auxiliary/scanner/vnc/vnc_login

From: Eric Schultz <fire0088 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 09:31:10 -0500

ToddAndMargo,

I'd recommend checking out Kali Linux instead of using Scientific
Linux. Kali is designed for doing security work, and is installed with
needed tools already configured. I think this would aid you in the
future, as it's one less thing to troubleshoot.

Since you are learning the basics, I'd also recommend shutting off
antivirus programs while testing to prevent unexcpected and difficult
to pinpoint errors. Once you get a good understanding of how things
are supposed to work, turn the AV back on and see ways to bypass them.

-Eric