Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Centralized firewall management and log analysis tools

From: spaz <marco () spaz org>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 13:08:53 -0700

if ur entity has the budget
look into either palo alto networks firewalls
or loglogic

On May 3, 2012, at 10:56 AM, "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu> wrote:

 Back when I was using NetScreen firewalls, before they were absorbed into
Juniper, I got their "centralized management" tool, and was quite
disappointed.  It was handy to have one tool for administering all of the
firewalls in our network, but it didn't really give me anything that I
wouldn't have today with a browser window with tabs for each device.
 To really leverage centralization, you want to be able to do things like
create a policy that can be deployed to multiple locations for consistency.
Make sure the tool you choose offers you that kind of leverage.

David Gillett, CISSP CCNP