Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Building a surveillance system for a house with a do-it-yourself NVR

From: Adrian J Milanoski <amilanoski () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 17:09:47 -0400

Dave,

I know there are inherit risk with wifi in general however that is why
I was specific to say 802.1x authentication therefore meaning the use
of PSK with WPA/WPA2 are not being used. When you have deployed a
WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Level WLAN the WPA/WPA2 PSKs change frequently
therefore making it extremely hard to gain access to a Enterprise WLAN
network. So with that said are there wireless cams that can do 802.1x
authentication? Or are they only capable of doing PSK?

Does anyone have any security information associated with Z-Wave?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Wave

Or any security information related to X10?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X10_Wireless_Technology

-
Adrian