Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: server security

From: Killian Faughnan <lists () killianfaughnan com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:47:28 +0100

You'd be better off just IP restricting access to that port through
iptables.  There can't be too many addresses you'd want to connect to
SSH from.  Accomplishes both reducing risk, and removes all that junk
from the logs.

Killian

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1