Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CISSP versus Associate CISSP

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:41:53 -0500

On 2/14/2012 12:03 PM, Juan Morales wrote:
That is correct. As soon as you get enough working experience, you can
then become a CISSP.

Hate to re-state the obvious but I know plenty of others who can confirm this although many would choose to place their tails between their legs instead of rocking the boat.

I know of a few people (over a dozen) who have had zero years security experience, have crammed, taken and passed the CISSP then had their friends (current CISSPs) vouch for them, ask their managers to "tweak" their positions in order to get their certifications.

The whole "experience" portion of this certification is bogus if you ask me and their is no way outside of ISC2 personnel doing independent verification checks to validate an exam taker's qualifications. So in theory, you need N amount of years experience to become a CISSP, in reality, money is what makes ISC2's world go round.

--
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
J. Oquendo

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to
ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things
differently." - Warren Buffett

42B0 5A53 6505 6638 44BB  3943 2BF7 D83F 210A 95AF
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2BF7D83F210A95AF

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1