Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Penetration Testing Software

From: "Eggleston, Mark" <meggleston () HEALTHPART COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:19:50 -0400

Hmmm.  What is your distinction between tools vs. software?  I can
indeed launch an RPT (Rapid Pen Test) from Core Impact to perform social
engineering or client side attacks.  Once the automated test scenario
completes I will have a nice report.  This can be very helpful indeed;
not a cheap tool and a very skilled pen tester with an arsenal of other
lower costs tools may be able to do better.  Nonetheless, such automated
tools can be a very effective pen test.

Regards,

Mark