Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network Sniffer

From: "Jesus A. Perez D." <japd06 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 16:14:11 +0000

You can get remote pcap files from the host if you got an aplication installed in that pc or in a pc from that network
that is actually capturing the traffic. You can use metasploit with meterpreter payload and exploit the host and then
capture all the traffic that see that host and send it to you in pcap format.

Take a look at metasploit unleshed.

The hard part is to get a vulnerability in the remote machine, if  the host is not public on the internet or if you
dont have direct access to it, it would be a step by step job. First you would have to get to the firewall or the
router that is NAT'n that host and make a static nat from the outside to the inside, then you can check for
vulnerabilities on the remote host and if you get one, then send a payload with meterpreter.

Easier aproatch, is just apply soccial engineering and get a hacked pendrive into the remote pc with a payload of
reverse tcp meterpreter to your pc.

Good luck!

--
Ing. Jesús A. Pérez D.