Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encryption

From: Steve Armstrong <SteveArmstrong () LogicallySecure com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:29:49 +0000

Theo,

The common approach is to look at the domain name of the emails - in this case 'securityfocus.com' and then try adding
a 'www.'  to the front which gives you www.SecurityFocus.com

If you then go to www.SecurityFocus.com  and look at the second half of the home page there is a section entitled
'Mailing Lists'.

If you check the lists (ie put a tick in the wee box beside the list) you want to be unsubscribed from and then add the
email address you want to unsubscribed and then hit Unsubscribe you will...... well get unsubscribed (probably subject
to a confirmation email).

But is you are stuck you could try actually searching (yes I know weird concept for BlackBerry users) try here
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=unsubscribe+security-basics%40securityfocus.com (it's the top hit)

That said you could also look out the subscribe confirmation email you would have gotten when you first subscribed, it
had all kinds of useful information in it.

Yours PTTFM (Pointing to the ****ing Manual)

Steve

PS:  Not being funny but if you cannot work that one out, you probably need some "how the internet works" 101 stuff, so
security is probably way down your todo list.