Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Active Directory Management and Identity Access Management

From: TAS <p0wnsauc3 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 07:04:18 +0530

A part of your objective can be achieved by
http://www.manageengine.com/products/ad-manager/index.html

The trail version is full fledged and has descent reports that you can
draw. The paid is not expensive either.

HTH
-
TAS
http://twitter.com/p0wnsauc3

On 3 May 2011 04:06, Dave Wolf <DaveWolf () umpquabank com> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a product(s) that can help me with my current and future
audit requirements.  I've been using NetIQ's Directory and Resource
Management software recently, and it just isn't up to snuff any more.
It's not very user-friendly, and has a tendency to fail on me more often
than my patience can handle.

I'm looking for a product that can generate custom reports about any,
and all, Active Directory information.  Examples of specific reports I
need are: user group membership lists, last logon, password last
changed, expired accounts, disabled accounts, locked accounts, groups
with "Managed By" listed and corresponding user, list security
permissions for users, etc.

I'm also looking for an Identity Access Management solution that can
provide business level access reports, i.e. giving the business owner of
a file share control over who has access to their files.

For Identity Access Management, I've looked at Courion's Compliance
Manager and a few CA Technologies products (as I also want to move
towards a solid Role-Based Access Control method).  But I don't really
know of any other software besides NetIQ that can provide me the
customizable AD reports that I want.

Do any of you have any product suggestions or recommendations for the
solutions I need?

Thank You!

Dave

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1