Security Basics mailing list archives

DHS/FEMA State Cybersecurity Training -- Free & Online

From: Shawn Merdinger <shawnmer () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:37:39 -0400

fyi

http://www.teex.org/teex.cfm?pageid=OGTprog&area=OGT&templateid=1810

DHS/FEMA State Cybersecurity Training

The Adaptive Cyber-Security Training Online (ACT-Online) courses are
now available on the TEEX Domestic Preparedness Campus. This DHS/FEMA
Certified Cyber-Security Training is designed to ensure that the
privacy, reliability, and integrity of the information systems that
power our global economy remain intact and secure.

The 10 courses are offered through three discipline-specific tracks
targeting everyday non-technical computer users, technical IT
professionals, and business managers and professionals.

These courses are offered at no cost and students earn a DHS/FEMA
Certificate of completion along with Continuing Education Units (CEU)
at the completion of each course.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1