Security Basics mailing list archives

Encrypted distributed password database

From: <Paul.Simons () thomsonreuters com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 14:40:40 +0100

All,

Using Microsoft LiveSync in combination with KeePass we used to
synchronise an encrypted server password database over four offices and
various laptops used by on-call personnel.
It worked like a dream, unfortunately Microsoft is going to completely
revamp their service early next year and replace it with a bloated
"improved" one, 90% of which is useless to us but we are obliged to
have.

So, I am looking for some other way of synchronising a password database
over our distributed architecture?

Regards

Paul

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1