Security Basics mailing list archives

about the IPS and SSL issue sone new questions

From: mzcohen2682 () aim com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 20:17:39 -0400

Ok guys thanks to your great help im starting to get a picture of that I will offer to the client.

I will propose him to locate an ssl proxy that will handle all the ssl issues with the browsers connecting to the client's web site. between the ssl proxy and the web site I will locate an IPS which im thinking of sourcefire ( open source appliance based on snort). I would love if he buys tippning pint or another commercial IPS but he wont do that because of the costs of tipping point etc..

so  how's my solution?? any comments?

an about the ssl proxy. does someone knows if one open source exists? again its beacuse of the cost issues..

or must it be an appliance also?

thanks again for your amazing help!

marco

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1