Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network Monitoring Software

From: Glenn English <ghe () slsware com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:54:10 -0700

On 1/18/10 8:20 PM, "Eric Ong" <eric.ccong () gmail com> wrote:

I am currently looking for the network monitoring software for a
mid-size company, which around 300 PCs and 40 Servers. Some
salesperson recommended me to purchase the PacketTrap from QUEST
SOFTWARE or SPLUNK.

Do you have any positive experience with these two softwares? Any
experience to share?

A little experience:

Nagios is a bear to get going, but very pleasant after that.

Until something changes. I went to monit (free and simple, possibly too simple, depending on your needs) after the new
servers, to avoid training the bear again...

--
Glenn English
ghe () slsware com

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1