Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Network Monitoring Software

From: "Emilio Morla" <emorla () bconnect com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:19:14 -0600

For monitoring I would recomend Opsview, its nagios based and reduces the
configuration process a lot. I can monitor many aspects of your network:
Up/down status of services and/or servers, can keep graphs of response
times. It has all the good things of nagios without all the hassle of
command line editing and the such, it uses a little agent for windows and
linux so it can monitor disk space, users, etc.
It includes MRTG for router interfaces graphing as well as NMIS for uptime
and health checks. Very complete and best of all FREE completely open
source.

For traffic usage and router graphs I really recommend CACTI, great looking
graphs and pretty easy to configure.

Warm regards,

Emilio Morla
Data Services Manager
bconnect Services
+52 (55) 5133 3300 x 3565
+52 (55) 5133 3385

Confidentiality Notice: This message, including any attachments, is intended
only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized use of the information it
contains is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify immediately and delete the original message.