Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Network Engineer vs. Network Security Engineer (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: "Natividad, Victor E Mr CTR USA" <victor.natividad () us army mil>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:51:42 -0500

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Use regulations to your advantage.  Security best business practice dictates segregation of duties and transparency as
a way to expose any possibility of collusion.  Segregation of duty is age old.  That is why Accounts Payable is
separate department from Accounts Receivable.  No one should have unfettered access to everything.   Transparency is
what made our country so strong.  We know about corruptions and wrong policy decisions because our society is open.
CISA calls this segregation of duties.  If you demand transparency, the regulations for your organization might back
you up but you have to do your research.  Keep in mind that this is contentions and could turn into a pissing contest.
You have to be prepared for that and not take anything personal.  After all, this is just business (Security Business).

Respectfully,

Vic Elijah A. Natividad
Senior Informaton Assurance Administrator
Chugach Industries, Inc
Ofc, 973-724-3409
FAX, 973-724-3677
DSN 312-880-3409