Security Basics mailing list archives

Poor Support from McAfee

From: malwares () yahoo com
Date: 28 Dec 2010 03:03:19 -0000

Hi All,

Over the year, it was noted that cases submitted to Mcafee via their portal was either totally no response or no more
follow up after the first reply. Does anyone have similar experience? I will also like to find out which Anti-Virus
vendor provides the best support from your point of view.

Issues we have submitted include 0-day malware and McAfee/Foundstone VA scanner. Majority of the issues were pertaining
to Foundstone VA Scanner. To name one issue as an example, we have noted that vulnerability was picked up on a server
whereas we have multiple servers which is a complete mirror of the vulnerable one. Apparently these are in the scanning
list. We submitted a case to McAfee about the false negative. They got back and we have provided McAfee the Foundstone
settings and running their analysis tool "Mer.exe" as per their instructions. It's been a few months and we have
followed up with several mails. However to date there is still no reply. This really makes me wonder if there's
something wrong with their procedures or the developer/domain expert for Foundstone VA scanner is still around?

Regards,
Jonthan Gill

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1