Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Seeking Information regarding VoIP security Assessment

From: Nikhil Wagholikar <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:58:20 +0530

Hello Abhishek,

You can read through this article, though old, still worth reading:
Article: www.cisco.com/asiapac/ipc/files/miercom_report_voip_security.pdf

There are lot of tools available for VoIP Security Assessment and
testing. You can find a list of those tools here:
List 1: http://www.security-database.com/toolswatch/+-VoIP-+.html
List 2: http://www.voipsa.org/Resources/tools.php

Also you can have a look at this thread: VoIP Security Assessment Tools

Besides these, just recently a VoIP Security Live Distro was released.
The distro includes VoIP security assessment tools such as UCsniff,
VoipHopper, Videojak, videosnarf, ACE, Warvox, and a number of other
useful tools along with traditional security assessment tools like
Metasploit, Nmap, Netcat, Hydra, Hping2 and others.
More Info: http://vipervast.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps!!

---
Nikhil Wagholikar
Practice Lead | Security Assessments & Digital Forensics
Network Intelligence India Pvt. Ltd. [NII Consulting]
Web: http://www.niiconsulting.com/
Comprehensive Information Security Training
http://iisecurity.in/courses/Training Calendar.html