Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Rouge Wireless AP

From: Kurt Buff <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:55:32 -0800

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:28, Steven Bonici <sbonici () ilaonline org> wrote:

We have residential homes with PC's installed, Internet access, and I
know there are people installing there own wireless Aps during overnight
shifts because they ones we have installed are secured.  I know there
are a lot of ways to find out, but is there any relatively small
application that can be installed on a PC to identify either the rouge
AP or laptop connecting to the network?

Thanks - Steven

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider

Among others that are on that site or linked to on that site.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1