Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: forensics procedure for PC analysis

From: "Dave Kleiman" <dave () davekleiman com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 03:34:39 -0400

*NOT LEGAL ADVICE*

If you want to be able to do this live, even while users are working, F-Response is an excellent choice, because you
can use it with any forensic tool. http://www.f-response.com/  They have an enterprise version and it works well, you
can request an online web demo, plus there are plenty of how to videos on their website.

The forensic tool you use is really a matter of preference, I prefer to go with a tool that has flexibility and can
make DD, E0, AD etc. files. X-Ways Forensics http://www.x-ways.net/, EnCase http://www.x-ways.net/, and Access Data
http://www.accessdata.com, all make good products that are accepted industry wide.

I have a collection of tools and live preview lab that I teach at forensic conferences that can be downloaded for free
on my site:
http://www.digitalforensicexpert.com/computer-forensics-expert-florida-miami-palm-beach-lauderdale-dave-kleiman-forensic-training-files/

or http://tinyurl.com/dzqfym

Actually there is one come up in Orlando in 2 weeks the CEIC conference, http://www.ceicconference.com/agenda.aspx
(Scripting Network Forensics - Featuring: Powershell, Log Parser, Perl, Sysinternals) Hope to see you all there!!!

Respectfully,

Dave Kleiman - http://www.DigitalForensicExpert.com
http://www.ComputerForensicExaminer.com - http://DigitalForensicAnalyst.com

4371 Northlake Blvd #314
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
561.310.8801

Digital Computer Forensics + Data Recovery + Electronic Discovery