Security Basics mailing list archives

forensics procedure for PC analysis

From: John O Laoi <brianolaoi () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:31:17 +0100

Hello,
Does anyone have pointers to a full recommended procedure on
preserving PC data for forensic analysis?
I'm thinking about things like getting a full backup (using dd),
preserving the disks, graceful shutdown or not, etc.

My employer has asked me to look into drafting a policy to address
this, in situations where say illicit material has been lodged to
disk.

John