Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Conflict of interests

From: "James Flaherty" <jflaherty () itsfac com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 08:57:47 -0400

I would say that your requests, with reasonable explanation, should be
granted.  You may need a brief and have your boss back you up with some
muscle, but if your requests are legit, there's no reason anyone should
have a problem with granting you specific access.  If your company is on
the government/military side I could definitely see your request getting
denied, but otherwise you should be good to go.