Security Basics mailing list archives

Conflict of interests

From: s0h0us () yahoo com
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:16:45 -0600

As a security guy, not part of the IT department, I require a level of access in order to perform my job. Certain types
of tools require privileged access in order to work. Like having domain admin access and/or similar privileged access
for unix and linux systems. Is it reasonable to request this type of access without causing any type of conflict of
interest that internal auditors might question? I guess audit trails would come in handy here.
Thanks for the feedback.