Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: web application firewall solution

From: PEra <lists () sevenlayers org>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 12:40:35 +0200

Hi Pavel,
hi List,

netw0rm xxx wrote:
Hi all!

I'm looking for solution to protect web-portal.
Now I'm reading about Сisco ACE WAF. Checkpoint Smart Defence also
have some checks for providing web applications security. What
another solutions is the security market?

Thanks in advance

Pavel Gubanov

F5's Big-IP[1] has a WAF license option, so you can have a WAF directly on a loadbalancer. Or buy a Big-IP without loadbalancing but only WAF...

Radware provides a WAF product called AppWall[2], wich was not developed by Radware. They bought a company and started integrating the AppWall into their portfolio.

Both are quite expensive, but if you are looking at a Cisco product, you seem to be good with a reasonable amount of $$.

There are several other vendors (Websense, Fortinet, etc) but I haven't touched their WAFs yet.

HTH,
PEra

[1] http://www.f5.com/products/big-ip/
[2] http://www.radware.com/Products/ApplicationDelivery/AppWall/default.aspx