Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Opportunistic TLS on mail servers

From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan () caf com tr>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:05:45 +0200

On 12.03.2009 05:50, steve.dake () gmail com wrote:
I am curious as to how may people have their email servers configured to perform opportunistic TLS? It seems like a
cheap way to mitigate a good portion of your potential email information leakage. If you are against it, I would like
to know why. If you have used it for a while, have you had any issues?

TLS is cheap but certainly not cost free.  Hence, not all turn it on.

Regarding "how many people have their email servers configured...", the
following post sums it up rather nicely:
http://www.irbs.net/internet/postfix/0702/1715.html

--
Eray