Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: DMZ Web Servers

From: "Dan Lynch" <DLynch () placer ca gov>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:19:45 -0700

Asinine, but an effective way of ensuring your job security.

You're making an entire class of questions effectively off limits here in the Security Basics mail list, while making
an awfully broad assumption about the OP's skills and experience, plus the requirements of the project he's undertaking.

Tell me, how does one become qualified to build a web presence that meets the needs and standards of /*their*/
organization without asking peers, referring to guidelines, and simply doing it? How do you gain entry into the magic
club?

The question wasn't "how do I design to David's standards". (Answer: you can't, the standards are secret).

Dan Lynch, CISSP
Information Technology Analyst
County of Placer
Auburn, CA