Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Terminal services

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:19:24 +0400

Hi Velzaf,

I guess this article can help you with your problem:

How Secure are Windows Terminal Services?
Link: http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Windows_Terminal_Services.html

---
Nikhil Wagholikar
Practice Lead | Security Assessment & Digital Forensics
NII Consulting
Web: http://www.niiconsulting.com/
Security Products: http://www.niiconsulting.com/products.html

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:31 AM, <velzaf () hotmail com> wrote:

Hi guys

I need an opiniĆ³n from you related to terminal services.  I need to provide a solution to allow some external clients
to connect via Internet to a specific application.  Those clients will use a laptop that don't belong to the
enterprise, in fact they are not secure clients and we don't have any contact with the computers they connect with
just to configure the connection.

I have been thinking about the use of VPN, but I am not sure because their insecurity, I think TLS could be an option
but I have not experience implementing that sort of solution, and I worry about their using several tools like
tsgrinder or something like that.  I know I need to restrict their options to the maximum maybe using Active
directory.

The server is Windows Server 2003
The clients could be xp or Vista.

I would like to know your opinion