Security Basics mailing list archives

Denied the CISSP, what are oher options

From: Erika_cissp () yahoo com
Date: 22 May 2008 23:49:17 -0000

Due to a facebook "breach of ethics" violation at work I don't think I will be getting this cert due to the code of
ethics associated with the CISSP.

I'm middle aged and have reservations about going back for a 4 year degree. Most postings for security analysts want a
CISSP or a degree. I have  4 years solid experience, but that doesn't count for much these days.

What suggestions can anyone give me for other certs that will help get a better job? The MCSE security cert? CCNP
security? Security+ ? Are any of these going to get me anywhere further in my career? I don't have the cash for the
SANS as I live outside the US.