Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Any tools to log the traffic/process information on Windows startup?

From: "Michael Painter" <tvhawaii () shaka com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:55:17 -1000

I installed M'soft's Port Reporter and 'Autoruns' shows it in [HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services] . I suppose that's as good as it gets as far as running something early in the boot sequence.(?)
After bootup, Port Reporter Parser shows exactly the same thing as AW Ports Traffic Analyzer, fwiw, but AWPTA runs from
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Hopefully I don't have any malware or rootkits on my box either, so my tests aren't that good.<g>

I suppose sniffing the wire with another box would be the best approach as far as "traffic" goes?

--Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelly Keeton" <kellyrkeeton () gmail com>