Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Any tools to log the traffic/process information on Windows startup?

From: "Tyler, Grayling" <ggtyler () foodlion com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:41:42 -0400

Port Reporter should do the trick

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837243

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com]
On Behalf Of 2guotou () gmail com
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:46 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Any tools to log the traffic/process information on Windows
startup?

I was checking up my desktop and found unexpected network traffic
(destinations including dynamic IPs within Poland, US, and China) at
windows startup (by checking the network traffic log on Kaspersky
security firewall).  Most of those traffic are UDP. I suspect they are
enrollment or heartbeat signals from spywares or trojans.  However, the
scans (spybot, ad-aware, kaspersky, clamAV) yielded nothing.

To further investigate into this issue, I am trying to find a tool that
can log all the network activities together with their corresponding
processes at Windows startup.  Does anyone know of such a tool?

Thanks!!

Yan
This electronic message may contain confidential or privileged information
and is intended for the individual or entity named above.  If you are
not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately by using the e-mail address or by telephone
(704-633-8250).