Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Masters in Information Security/Assurance

From: "Brandon Louder" <Brandon.Louder () mckennan org>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:58:44 -0500

I know with Dakota State University's MSIA program it does not make a
difference if you are on campus or not as when the instructors deliver
lectures the students have 3 options; they can be in the classroom, they
can be in a remote classroom via videoconferencing, or they can watch
the lecture online at their convenience. All students get the same
assignments and lectures, the only negative of being an online student
is having to call or e-mail when you have questions. In order to assist
with that the instructors moderate message boards for all students and
require them to contribute. They also facilitate group projects between
distance and conventional students. Labs are setup to be done remotely
as well.

I would be surprised if Iowa State does not deliver their MSIA program
in a similar fashion.

-Brandon