Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DNSs, MXs and RBLs....

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:24:14 +0100

On 2008-03-26 Ramakrishnan Nagarajan wrote:
We are not able to receive mail from Hotmail. We are using MIME
Sweeper as our spam server. Once our MIME sweeper server got attacked.
So we blocked hotmails for some times. Then we reverted back. But no
use. The hotmails are not coming.
Your valuable sugessions please.

First and foremost: don't hijack other people's threads. If your
question isn't related to an ongoing discussion: write a new mail
instead of replying to one.

What is your actual problem? How exactly are you "not able to receive
mail from Hotmail"? Via SMTP? POP3? Have you checked your logs?

And why do you think this is security-related in the first place?

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."