Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Restricting LDAP search permissions in AD2003

From: "Hayes, Ian" <ihayes () nvcancer org>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:26:00 -0700

Unless my memory has gotten that bad, by default the account would have
to be at least in the Account Operators group in order to make any
modifications to a user object.

You can ensure that the account in question has DENY set for any Write
operation on user objects at the domain level. Also make sure that any
shares you have either have DENY for that user, or you aren't using
Everyone, Authenticated Users or Domain Users as the permitted group.

--
Ian Hayes
Systems Engineer