Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Deny access to copy files

From: "Gillian Day" <gday () looptech com au>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:17:57 +1000

Hi Ahmed,

There is a product by McAfee that allows you to prevent staff from copying/sending sensitive info on the web. Its
called something like Total Data Protection.

That said I am sure there is significant resources and cost associated with products like this... I am a believer in
policy and procedure first... I think you should have a really good understanding of exactly what threat you are trying
to mitigate and consider if a technical control is really the best choice for mitigation.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

G.