Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Honeypot Server

From: "Timmothy Lester" <Timmothy.Lester () primeadvisors com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:15:43 -0800

Yes,
There are tools such as "Send-Safe Honeypot Hunter".  Nessus can also be
used to detect if the services running are valid.  It can also be
suspicious, if you configure a fake a Trojan that was released in 1995.
Or any other anomalies that are detected when someone in penetrating
your network.  I would implement a honeypot because it's fun, but not to
secure against a knowledgeable hacker.