Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Scanning ssl vpn traffic

From: "Cassiem, Nazier A" <Nazier.Cassiem () za bp com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:39:22 +0200

Hi,

We are busy trying to migrate from FTP to secure FTP,

Can you provide answers to the following questions

Cardex UK FTP from the Cardex Tandem server in the UK to a local South
african server directly to drop and collect files. I guess they will
have to change to SFTP, is this correct?

2.      We frequently use Windows Explorer to download CDR files from a
FTP directory. All Turfview updates, patches and documentation are also
downloaded from this FTP directory. How will SFTP affect this process?

3.      We currently use Reflection FTP Client as a local tool for
transferring files from UNIX to the Network and vice versa. Will we
still be able to use this tool after the switch?

4.      We currently use command line FTP in UNIX for inter UNIX file
transfers. Will we still be able to use this after the switch?

5.      We often need to manually FTP files to partners after FTP
transfer failures. This is done in UNIX command line mode. Will we be
able to do the same with SFTP after the switch?

Any assistance will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Nazier