Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Auditing Active Directory Passwords

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 08:05:23 +0300

Hello K7,

You can give a try to FGDUMP tool.

Fgdump is a utility for dumping password hashes from Windows
NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista machines.  It has all the functionality of
pwdump in-built and can also perform other useful jobs like grabbing
cached credentials, executing a remote executable and dumping the
protected storage on a remote, (or local), host.

Once you dumped all the password hashes into a file, you can then
import it to offline password crackers like Cain and Abel or
L0phtcrack and start your attack against those hashes.

----
Nikhil Wagholikar
Information Security Analyst
NII Consulting