Security Basics mailing list archives

SIM questions.

From: Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson () esri com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:16:15 -0700

Hi all.  Currently we make use of Nessus extensively for security
scanning.  I'm evaluating Tenable's Security Center to make managing
these scans easier, but am curious how an SIM would fit into this.

Would something like Symantec's SIM *replace* Nessus' active scanning
capabilities?  Complement it?

My impression is that the SIM is more of an information aggregator that
helps with your workflow vs actually doing the scanning -- and thus our
Nesuss scanners would still be necessary.

If any of you out there use Nessus + a SIM I'd be interested in hearing
how you've fit these pieces together.

Thanks,
Ray